Attorney at Law, Partner
Amanda leads CoveyLaw’s general immigration division. Working with both individuals and business entities, Amanda regularly files O-1 and EB-1 petitions for individuals in music, theater, tv/film, graphic arts, visual arts as well as fashion, among other industries. Amanda also represents national and international corporate clients as well as start-up entities spanning a range of industries (arts, technology, education) in finding the best solutions to their needs including H-1B and L-1 petitions as well as E-2, E-3 and TN applications, among others.
Amanda currently serves as Co-Chair of the New Member Division of the American Immigration Lawyers Association’s New York Chapter and is also a member of the New York City Bar Association. Prior to joining CoveyLaw, Amanda was the Associate Director of Tamizdat Artist Services LLC and also handled immigration matters in her own practice. Amanda holds a J.D. from New York Law School and a B.A. from Randolph-Macon College, and is admitted to the New York Bar as well as the Southern District of New York.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Overview (Alphabet Soup), American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference (San Francisco, 2018)
- Creative O-1s for the Extraordinary, American Immigration Lawyers Association Rome District Chapter Fall Conference (London, 2017)
- U.S. Visas for Performing Artists, Halifax Pop Explosion (Halifax NS, 2017
- Navigating the U.S. Immigration Labyrinth, Arts Northwest (Tacoma WA, 2017)
- O-1/P-1/EB-1, NIW: How Extraordinary Are Your Clients, American Immigration Lawyers Association New York Chapter CLE (New York, 2017)
- Nightlife Clerks: From the Parental Home to Madison Square Garden, Amsterdam Dance Event (Amsterdam, 2016)
- Entrepreneurs & Extraordinary Ability, American Immigration Lawyers Association Rome District Chapter Fall Conference (Amsterdam, 2016)
- Visas for Performing Artists, CMJ Music Marathon (New York, 2014, 2015)
- Immigration Professions, New York City Bar Association (New York, 2013)